The Fault in Our Stars
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
A Storm of Swords
The Hunger Games
Clockwork Prince
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Help
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
A Game of Thrones
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Exiled Queen
Divergent
Kushiel's avatar
A Clash of Kings
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Iron Queen
The Book Thief
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone
Catching Fire


Rebecka's favorite books »

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

**spoiler alert** Ok, so I've heard a lot of people saying the same thing's I was saying before I read this. "ANOTHER Cinderella story, really?" or "I'm really not that into sci-fi". Well, I'm here to tell you to try to get over it and give this book a shot. To be completely honest I wouldn't have looked twice at this book except it was one of the book of the months for a group I'm in. I was pleasantly surprised.

Obviously everybody knows the story of Cinderella, so giving a summary is pretty much pointless.
Though there are many similarities between this story and the ones we're all familiar with; evil step-mother and sister, father dead while she was young, treated like dirt. There are also many differences. Main among them being the whole cyborg issue. As a cyborg not only is Cinder mistreated by her family but also by the whole community. Cyborgs are discriminated against to the point where children aren't allowed to play in the street near her.

Another huge difference is that we don't get to see the happily ever after. Instead we see Prince Kai disgusted that he could have had feelings with not only a cyborg but a Lunar. My oh my, but where and how will this story end? As the story ends on an obvious cliffhanger, we are left to wonder how Cinder will escape her prison, whether she will be able to dethrone the queen of Luna. I will definitely be watching for the next book.


4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment